A Journey's End is located behind the Nantahala Outdoor Center, about 5 minutes along a back country mountain road. The roads to the cabin are well maintained and generally easily driven by most vehicles. The only reason that your journey through the smoky mountains ends at Journey's End is that you won't want to travel anywhere else once you are there. If you do rally the strength to pull yourself away from this cabin, white water rafting and excellent restaurants are just a short drive back down to the Nantahala Rafting center. Mountain biking at the famous Tsali recreation center is about 15 minutes away. Bryson City and the Smoky Mountain National Park are a scenic 25 minute highway drive away. The Cherokee Indian Reservation entrance to the national park is another 10 to 15 minutes past Bryson City.
A Journeys End sits on a quite side of the Nantahala Mountains. With a bit of a mountain view, nestled into the woods. A gravel driveway and parking area lead you right up to this romantic log cabin. The outdoor living area features a fire pit, which is the perfect place to enjoy a roasted marshmallow any time of the year. A nice walkway and a few steps up take you to the covered porch and to the front door. To the left is the hot tub, just waiting for you to slip into the warm massaging waters and deeply relax while watching the sun set over the scenic mountain view. To the right is a hammock, ideally placed for you to lay back, close your eyes and listen to all the sounds of nature while enjoying a fresh mountain breeze blow through your hair. A fenced in yard around the back side of the cabin gives your pets a place to enjoy nature too. The back side of the cabin has a smaller covered porch with a gas grill, ready to cook up a juicy steak while you enjoy a cold drink together. There is lots of seating areas around the cabin, so finding a spot to sit and enjoy a hot cup of coffee in the morning will be a special treat. The outdoor features make it hard to want to go indoors, but it is as equally pleasing.
As you enter the cabin from the front porch you are drawn into a large great room with lots of chalet windows, high ceilings, hard wood floors, warm wood tones and a comforting atmosphere. This room features a living area, dining area, and a full kitchen. The living area faces out to the view through large windows in the front, a couple of leather sofas sit you in front of a large stone gas log fire place. You can sit back and cuddle in front of a warm glowing fire while watching a movie or your favorite show on the satellite HD TV. This cabin is a very romantic place to share time together. Native decor and rustic touches carry through to the dining area, with seating for four. The kitchen is fully stocked. So, you will find all the utensils you need to prepare meals together indoors or outdoors on the gas grill, which is accessed through a door in the kitchen. To the left of the kitchen is a short hallway which leads to the full bath. This hallway has a closet on the left that has a washer and dryer. The bathroom has a tub with shower. Continuing to the left and you will enter the master suite. The bedroom is very relaxing and comfortable. The queen size bed is made with fresh linens and plenty of pillows to ensure you get a good night’s sleep. There is also a satellite TV mounted to the wall across from the bed, if you like to snuggle in while catching the local weather before planning your next day's adventures in the smoky mountains. Every thought in This cabin's designed was to create a truly relaxing escape.
CAROLINA MOUNTAIN VACATIONS
VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT
Click Here to Print or View Complete V.R.A. as pdf
If you have questions about this Vacation Rental Agreement, we would love to answer them for you.
Our toll free number for questions about this agreement is: 877-488-8500.
To view required payment at Booking, Click on the "Get Quote" button.
Reservation balance due at check-in.
Military Discounts can only be applied by
Reservationist after confirmation of eligibility.
(full descriptions and details provided in VRA)
Cancellations with short notice are unfair to both Carolina Mountain Vacations as well as the Cabin owner.
If you must cancel be sure to do so at least 31 days in advance of your arrival date.
If you elected to purchase trip insurance, the travel insurance company should be contacted with the claim by tenant.
NO RENTALS will be permitted to ANYONE UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE.
All Guest are required to Check-In at our office:
40 Greenlee Street, Bryson City, NC 28713
For Directions to our office.
CHECK-IN is AFTER 4 P.M.
A.) Pay any outstanding balance in full.
B.) You will be handed printed detailed directions and information to access keys to your vacation cabin on the day you check-in at our office.
Internet mapping devises and navigation systems are NOT recommended for use in the Western NC Mountains ( GPS signal reception is spoty in the mountains).
CHECK-OUT is by 11 A.M.
To check-out you do not need to come by our office. Simply, Call our office to let us know you are leaving.
Before leaving the cabin Please:
* Just leave the linens and towls where they are, laundry services are part of the Departure Cleaning (not part of your Vacation)
*No need to run to the dump with your trash, we got that too. Just make sure the lids are on Tight.
*Remove all perishable food from cabinets and refrigerator.
*Start the dishwasher, if cabin is equipped. Dish soap is provided under sink
* Check for all personal belongings. Items left behind can be sent back with a $20 retrieval fee, plus shipping, will be charged
*Lock all doors and place keys back in the lock box
*Don't forget to give us a call as you head out.
Early Check-In and Late Check-Out:
If you are planning a late arrival time to your North Carolina vacation cabin rental, please contact our cabin rental office during business hours to make arrangements. Our office hours are 9 am to 9 pm, 7 days a week. Requests for early check-in or late check-out will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact our office no less than 24 hours in advance with requests for an early arrival or late departure. Consideration is given based upon the property’s “status” immediately prior to or following your reservation.
Failure to disclose an accurate Guest count or the presence of unregistered Guests could result in immediate eviction, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 deducted from card on file.
Children 12 and under stay free.
Maximum occupancy refers to all persons over the age of one year old. Violations of maximum occupancy can cause property damage as well as violate local laws and regulations. (Most mountain cabins and homes run on private septic and well systems. Overtaxing these systems can cause serious problems.) Any maximum occupancy violation constitutes a breach of contract and Guest agrees that any such violation, in addition to any other remedies herein, will result in immediate eviction of Guests, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 representing liquidated damages.
Policies for Carolina Mountain Vacations Pet-Friendly Cabins
Guests will be required to sign the CMV Pet Policy at Check-In.
There are potential consequences for bringing an unauthorized pet onto any CMV property.
1. For pet friendly cabins, there is a one time $45 non-refundable pet fee for each pet up to a max of 3 pets. Any misrepresentation regarding the number of pets at the cabin will be charged accordingly.
2. Pets are only permitted with prior approval. Be sure to notify us if you are bringing a dog to one of our pet-friendly cabins. If prior approval has not been authorized and there is evidence of a pet having been at the property, the penalty may include a $200 charge, immediate removal of the pet and eviction from the cabin with the forfeiture of all rental payments.
3. CMV only accepts well-behaved, housebroken dogs into our pet friendly cabins. Even though we love all pets, we regret that we are unable to allow any animals other than dogs in our rental cabins. Absolutely no cats are permitted in CMV rental cabins. For the purpose of this agreement, the term “pet” is always used in reference to a dog. In the interest of protection your dog, a leash should always be used when your dog is outside. While North Carolina does not have a state leash law, please note that cities and counties may have stricter regulations. No dog shall be tied outside the Cabin unless supervised by a responsible adult
4. As a general rule, dogs should not be left unattended in cabins. In an unfamiliar environment dogs may act uncharacteristically and unpredictably. They may get nervous and bark, causing a disturbance to neighbors. Or they may harm the cabin by chewing, scratching or making messes that they would not typically make at home. Please remember to be respectful of nearby neighbors. Always use a crate in the rare event that a dog must be left alone.
5. Legal Disclaimer: Any damages to the cabin or cabin property or another person because of a pet will be the sole responsibility of the registered Guest. Guests are held financially responsible for all physical damages to the Cabin (i.e. chewing, scratching, flea infestation, etc.) inflicted on the Cabin by the presence of a pet. If extra cleaning is deemed reasonable due to the presence of a pet (i.e. soiled furniture and/or flooring, hair on furnishings or bedding, fleas), the Guest will be held financially responsible and the credit card on file will be charged for the amount of the repair/recovery. CMV is not responsible for harm caused to any pet.
Please review the Road Scale info for this cabin before booking.
Guest acknowledges that access to rented property will require driving on gravel and paved mountain roads that may in places be steep and has been given recommendation on the minimum type of vehicle needed to safely drive the road to property. CMV will not give refund or be held liable if guest does not adhere to recommended vehicle type and is not able to or refuses to drive up road to cabin. Nor can CMV be held responsible for temporary weather conditions that alter road conditions. Please adhere to any recommendation or requirement for a four-wheel-drive vehicle when listed in a property description. It is highly recommended that Guests try to arrive during daylight hours for their first visit to our area to become familiar with the area and roads. Our cleaning and maintenance staff drive these roads in their personal vehicles almost daily and report any major road issues; such as washouts, fallen trees or rocks. CMV will upon notification from staff or guest, contact appropriate local authorities to have road cleared or repaired.
For full explanation of Road Scale and NC Mountain driving tips.