Antler Ridge is located in a gated community, just off Highway 28 a few minutes from the Almond Boat Dock on Fontana Lake and another public lake access spot for swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding and canoeing. Antler Ridge is nestled on the side of a mountain with woods on three sides of the cabin and overlooking a gorgeous smoky mountain view. Any season of the year will provide a beautiful view of both mountains close up and mountain ranges far away. The drive to Antler Ridge is on a paved road that climbs the mountains to reach a majestic smoky mountain view. The mountain biking mecca of the eastern United States, Tsali Recreation Center is less than 10 minutes away. White water rafting on the Nantahala river is about a 15 minute trip away. Shopping, restaurants, train tours and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park are about 25 minutes away in Bryson City. The many shops, main entrance to the GSMNP and the cultural center or the Eastern Band the Cherokee Indians is about a 35 minute trip up highway 74 from the cabin.
When you arrive at this cabin you will park on a gravel parking area behind the cabin. You can pull right up close to a set of stairs leading to the main deck and entrance. Here is where your journey to Antler Ridge becomes worth any and every effort; for, as you step onto the large side deck the beautiful view of the smoky mountains fills the horizon in front of you. This view seems to fill every part of this cabin, exterior and interior. The main entrance is a sliding glass door to the left of the stairs. The large side deck is the primary spot for outdoor activities. A picnic table is positioned across from the entrance to the kitchen and under the shading cover of the upper deck for dining out side in the fresh forested air. Past the picnic table the deck opens up to the sky above. On a bumped out portion of the deck by itself sets a most inviting sight after a long day of playing and touring throughout the smoky mountains; a large professionally cleaned and private hot tub. Across from the hot tub and surrounded by Adirondack-style rocking chairs is a large outdoor wood-burning fireplace. Sitting in front of a glowing fire while watching the sun set over the mountain view as the stars fill in the sky above is a smoky mountain experience to be remembered for years to come. A gas grill is also positioned on the deck to allow your grill master a view of the mountains as they are cooking their favorite meal. Propane and utensils are provided at the cabin. The deck continues to wrap-around across the front of the cabin where several more Adirondack-style rocking chairs provide a relaxing spot to watch the clouds drift over and through the mountain view. From here the deck continues to wrap around the cabin to the forest shaded side. Ending at a covered area where a sliding glass door opens to the bedroom on the entry level. The cover of this area is actually the private balcony of the bedroom on the top floor. Also on the top floor of the cabin is the deck that covers the picnic table and front entrance. This deck is also covered and has seating for four guest to enjoy the view while waiting a turn at the pool table just inside a set of sliding glass doors. The lower deck is accessible from the yard or from the lower level master suite. A pair of chairs offer a place to enjoy a morning coffee outside while watching the mist of the smoky mountains rise from the valleys below. The exterior of this beautiful smoky mountain log cabin offers as much to do as the interior. . .
Floor to ceiling glass windows, and sliding glass doors allow you to have a mountain view from anywhere in this beautifully decorated cabin. Entering at the main level, you will be in the dining room and kitchen area. The dining room table is set up for 8 guests at the table. The kitchen has stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops. Refrigerator, dishwasher, ceramic top stove, oven, microwave, and coffee maker are all standard in this kitchen. The great room includes a large living room area with hardwood floors and modern rustic decor. There is a large flat screen TV with Satellite service. Two leather sofas and a leather chair surround the gas-log fireplace area. Off to the side is a separate table for reading or playing checkers, while being a part of the conversation in the living room and kitchen area. A standard bathroom is off the side of this room. The bedroom on the main level has a King size bed, a flat screen TV and access to the wrap-around deck.
The upper level brings you to a large loft room with two futon sofa/beds and a pool table. This room also has a flat screen TV to use while playing a game of pool. There is a deck off the side of this room that overlooks the hot tub area, and outdoor fireplace below. The upper level also has a standard bathroom and another bedroom. This bedroom has a Queen-size bed, a flat screen TV, and a private deck off the side.
The lower level is the Master Bedroom suite with a King size bed. A large flat screen TV on the mantel above the stone fireplace with gas logs. A large leather sofa provides comfortable seating in the bedroom while watching TV or listening to music. A spacious Master Bathroom with walk-in shower and double sinks is off to the side of the bedroom. A washer and dryer is tucked behind folding doors, with easy access. The master bedroom has a private deck, as well..
CAROLINA MOUNTAIN VACATIONS
VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT
Click Here to Print or View Complete V.R.A. as pdf
If you have questions about this Vacation Rental Agreement, we would love to answer them for you.
Our toll free number for questions about this agreement is: 877-488-8500.
To view required payment at Booking, Click on the "Get Quote" button.
Reservation balance due at check-in.
Military Discounts can only be applied by
Reservationist after confirmation of eligibility.
(full descriptions and details provided in VRA)
Cancellations with short notice are unfair to both Carolina Mountain Vacations as well as the Cabin owner.
If you must cancel be sure to do so at least 31 days in advance of your arrival date.
If you elected to purchase trip insurance, the travel insurance company should be contacted with the claim by tenant.
NO RENTALS will be permitted to ANYONE UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE.
All Guest are required to Check-In at our office:
40 Greenlee Street, Bryson City, NC 28713
For Directions to our office.
CHECK-IN is AFTER 4 P.M.
A.) Pay any outstanding balance in full.
B.) You will be handed printed detailed directions and information to access keys to your vacation cabin on the day you check-in at our office.
Internet mapping devises and navigation systems are NOT recommended for use in the Western NC Mountains ( GPS signal reception is spoty in the mountains).
CHECK-OUT is by 11 A.M.
To check-out you do not need to come by our office. Simply, Call our office to let us know you are leaving.
Before leaving the cabin Please:
* Just leave the linens and towls where they are, laundry services are part of the Departure Cleaning (not part of your Vacation)
*No need to run to the dump with your trash, we got that too. Just make sure the lids are on Tight.
*Remove all perishable food from cabinets and refrigerator.
*Start the dishwasher, if cabin is equipped. Dish soap is provided under sink
* Check for all personal belongings. Items left behind can be sent back with a $20 retrieval fee, plus shipping, will be charged
*Lock all doors and place keys back in the lock box
*Don't forget to give us a call as you head out.
Early Check-In and Late Check-Out:
If you are planning a late arrival time to your North Carolina vacation cabin rental, please contact our cabin rental office during business hours to make arrangements. Our office hours are 9 am to 9 pm, 7 days a week. Requests for early check-in or late check-out will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact our office no less than 24 hours in advance with requests for an early arrival or late departure. Consideration is given based upon the property’s “status” immediately prior to or following your reservation.
Failure to disclose an accurate Guest count or the presence of unregistered Guests could result in immediate eviction, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 deducted from card on file.
Children 12 and under stay free.
Maximum occupancy refers to all persons over the age of one year old. Violations of maximum occupancy can cause property damage as well as violate local laws and regulations. (Most mountain cabins and homes run on private septic and well systems. Overtaxing these systems can cause serious problems.) Any maximum occupancy violation constitutes a breach of contract and Guest agrees that any such violation, in addition to any other remedies herein, will result in immediate eviction of Guests, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 representing liquidated damages.
Policies for Carolina Mountain Vacations Pet-Friendly Cabins
Guests will be required to sign the CMV Pet Policy at Check-In.
There are potential consequences for bringing an unauthorized pet onto any CMV property.
1. For pet friendly cabins, there is a one time $45 non-refundable pet fee for each pet up to a max of 3 pets. Any misrepresentation regarding the number of pets at the cabin will be charged accordingly.
2. Pets are only permitted with prior approval. Be sure to notify us if you are bringing a dog to one of our pet-friendly cabins. If prior approval has not been authorized and there is evidence of a pet having been at the property, the penalty may include a $200 charge, immediate removal of the pet and eviction from the cabin with the forfeiture of all rental payments.
3. CMV only accepts well-behaved, housebroken dogs into our pet friendly cabins. Even though we love all pets, we regret that we are unable to allow any animals other than dogs in our rental cabins. Absolutely no cats are permitted in CMV rental cabins. For the purpose of this agreement, the term “pet” is always used in reference to a dog. In the interest of protection your dog, a leash should always be used when your dog is outside. While North Carolina does not have a state leash law, please note that cities and counties may have stricter regulations. No dog shall be tied outside the Cabin unless supervised by a responsible adult
4. As a general rule, dogs should not be left unattended in cabins. In an unfamiliar environment dogs may act uncharacteristically and unpredictably. They may get nervous and bark, causing a disturbance to neighbors. Or they may harm the cabin by chewing, scratching or making messes that they would not typically make at home. Please remember to be respectful of nearby neighbors. Always use a crate in the rare event that a dog must be left alone.
5. Legal Disclaimer: Any damages to the cabin or cabin property or another person because of a pet will be the sole responsibility of the registered Guest. Guests are held financially responsible for all physical damages to the Cabin (i.e. chewing, scratching, flea infestation, etc.) inflicted on the Cabin by the presence of a pet. If extra cleaning is deemed reasonable due to the presence of a pet (i.e. soiled furniture and/or flooring, hair on furnishings or bedding, fleas), the Guest will be held financially responsible and the credit card on file will be charged for the amount of the repair/recovery. CMV is not responsible for harm caused to any pet.
Please review the Road Scale info for this cabin before booking.
Guest acknowledges that access to rented property will require driving on gravel and paved mountain roads that may in places be steep and has been given recommendation on the minimum type of vehicle needed to safely drive the road to property. CMV will not give refund or be held liable if guest does not adhere to recommended vehicle type and is not able to or refuses to drive up road to cabin. Nor can CMV be held responsible for temporary weather conditions that alter road conditions. Please adhere to any recommendation or requirement for a four-wheel-drive vehicle when listed in a property description. It is highly recommended that Guests try to arrive during daylight hours for their first visit to our area to become familiar with the area and roads. Our cleaning and maintenance staff drive these roads in their personal vehicles almost daily and report any major road issues; such as washouts, fallen trees or rocks. CMV will upon notification from staff or guest, contact appropriate local authorities to have road cleared or repaired.
For full explanation of Road Scale and NC Mountain driving tips.