Mountain Time is secluded in a quiet forest above a picturesque mountain valley horse pasture bordering the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. This beautiful corner of the smoky mountains is known as The Settlement at Thomas Divide. Guest staying at Mountain Time can rent the use of a horse paddock for a small fee of $15 a night per horse. Please visit the Thomas Divide page for more information if you would like to bring your horse on your next vacation. The Thomas Divide horse and hiking trail in the National Park is just a few minutes horse back ride from the pastures below Mountain Time. A couple of minutes scenic drive past the Thomas Divide trail head is one of the most popular sections of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. This area is called Deep Creek. In Deep Creek there are three beautiful waterfalls to hike to and the creek it self is a popular creek to tube down in the summer. Downtown Bryson City is about 5 minutes down the road. The Cherokee Indian Reservation is about 15 minutes away. If you want a little more excitement, white water rafting on the Nantahala river is about 25 minutes away. The gravel roads to Mountain Time are wide, well maintained and navigable by most all vehicles.
Mountain Time is a newly constructed single story smoky mountain vacation home. The wide flat gravel driveway brings you right up to the front door. The front door is just two low steps up from the gravel parking area. The front yard is a great place for watching and chasing fireflies with or without the kids. There is also a small stream that flows down the mountain in the front yard, near the road. The side deck is also accessed from the gravel parking area. On the side deck a gas grill waits to cook your favorite meats. The door on the side deck leads back into the kitchen. The back yard steeply descends into the smoky mountain forest that surround the lodge. The large covered deck on the back is only accessible from within Mountain Time. The private secluded back deck is where most guest spend the majority of their outdoor time. Here you can play a game of Fooseball or just relax in a rocking chair and share your favorite beverages with friends while enjoying the forest fresh mountain air. To truly understand why this vacation home is named Mountain Time, slip into the private outdoor hot tub across from the master bedroom and let its warm messaging water soothe your tired muscles as you watch the birds playing in the forest surrounding you.
As you enter through the front door, the first thing you will notice is that a smoky mountain forest fills the whole back wall of this vacation home. The floor plan of this single story lodge has lots of wide open space to easily get around to the interior furnishings and rooms. To the right is the living room area. Here a comfortable sofa is placed in front of a stone gas log fireplace where a satellite TV sets on the mantel. With the forest view filling the spaces of the living room it feels like your relaxing in a forest watching TV. To the left is the large dining table that seats 6 guest and is positioned to allow views of the forest outside or the satellite TV while you enjoy a quiet meal-in. Past the dining table is the large open kitchen, which has all upgraded appliances like; large stainless steel refrigerator, wall oven, microwave, and a breakfast bar at the center island. Be care full cooking as a few guest have reported slightly burning diner while watching the birds playing in the forest just out the window over the gas range top. Doing the dishes is never fun on vacation but when there is a scenic view out the window in front of you it can seem a little more enjoyable. Of course the dishwasher also help out a lot too. Straight across from the front door and between the dining table and living room, two sliding glass doors allow the views of the forest into the room and you to access the large covered private back deck. To the right and past the living room is a small hall that leads to the bed rooms and other TV room. The left side of the hall leads to the large master suite. A large sliding glass door on the back wall of the room lets a great view of the smoky mountains to fill the room. The sliding glass door also allows for quick easy access to the private outdoor hot tub on the deck. The master bedroom has a king size bed and private bath. A satellite TV sets on the tall dresser opposite the bed. The right side of the hall leads to three more rooms. The first door on the left is a small TV room, for when someone wants to watch a different movie or TV show than the rest of the family. The futon in this room folds out into a full size bed for additional sleeping space if needed. The first door on the right of the hall is a bath room with tub and shower. The last door on the right is the second bedroom. This room has a queen size bed and also has a satellite TV on the dresser opposite the bed.
CAROLINA MOUNTAIN VACATIONS
VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT
Click Here to Print or View Complete V.R.A. as pdf
If you have questions about this Vacation Rental Agreement, we would love to answer them for you.
Our toll free number for questions about this agreement is: 877-488-8500.
To view required payment at Booking, Click on the "Get Quote" button.
Reservation balance due at check-in.
Military Discounts can only be applied by
Reservationist after confirmation of eligibility.
(full descriptions and details provided in VRA)
Cancellations with short notice are unfair to both Carolina Mountain Vacations as well as the Cabin owner.
If you must cancel be sure to do so at least 31 days in advance of your arrival date.
If you elected to purchase trip insurance, the travel insurance company should be contacted with the claim by tenant.
NO RENTALS will be permitted to ANYONE UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE.
All Guest are required to Check-In at our office:
40 Greenlee Street, Bryson City, NC 28713
For Directions to our office.
CHECK-IN is AFTER 4 P.M.
A.) Pay any outstanding balance in full.
B.) You will be handed printed detailed directions and information to access keys to your vacation cabin on the day you check-in at our office.
Internet mapping devises and navigation systems are NOT recommended for use in the Western NC Mountains ( GPS signal reception is spoty in the mountains).
CHECK-OUT is by 11 A.M.
To check-out you do not need to come by our office. Simply, Call our office to let us know you are leaving.
Before leaving the cabin Please:
* Just leave the linens and towls where they are, laundry services are part of the Departure Cleaning (not part of your Vacation)
*No need to run to the dump with your trash, we got that too. Just make sure the lids are on Tight.
*Remove all perishable food from cabinets and refrigerator.
*Start the dishwasher, if cabin is equipped. Dish soap is provided under sink
* Check for all personal belongings. Items left behind can be sent back with a $20 retrieval fee, plus shipping, will be charged
*Lock all doors and place keys back in the lock box
*Don't forget to give us a call as you head out.
Early Check-In and Late Check-Out:
If you are planning a late arrival time to your North Carolina vacation cabin rental, please contact our cabin rental office during business hours to make arrangements. Our office hours are 9 am to 9 pm, 7 days a week. Requests for early check-in or late check-out will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact our office no less than 24 hours in advance with requests for an early arrival or late departure. Consideration is given based upon the property’s “status” immediately prior to or following your reservation.
Failure to disclose an accurate Guest count or the presence of unregistered Guests could result in immediate eviction, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 deducted from card on file.
Children 12 and under stay free.
Maximum occupancy refers to all persons over the age of one year old. Violations of maximum occupancy can cause property damage as well as violate local laws and regulations. (Most mountain cabins and homes run on private septic and well systems. Overtaxing these systems can cause serious problems.) Any maximum occupancy violation constitutes a breach of contract and Guest agrees that any such violation, in addition to any other remedies herein, will result in immediate eviction of Guests, forfeiture of any remaining rent and an additional charge of $250 representing liquidated damages.
Policies for Carolina Mountain Vacations Pet-Friendly Cabins
Guests will be required to sign the CMV Pet Policy at Check-In.
There are potential consequences for bringing an unauthorized pet onto any CMV property.
1. For pet friendly cabins, there is a one time $45 non-refundable pet fee for each pet up to a max of 3 pets. Any misrepresentation regarding the number of pets at the cabin will be charged accordingly.
2. Pets are only permitted with prior approval. Be sure to notify us if you are bringing a dog to one of our pet-friendly cabins. If prior approval has not been authorized and there is evidence of a pet having been at the property, the penalty may include a $200 charge, immediate removal of the pet and eviction from the cabin with the forfeiture of all rental payments.
3. CMV only accepts well-behaved, housebroken dogs into our pet friendly cabins. Even though we love all pets, we regret that we are unable to allow any animals other than dogs in our rental cabins. Absolutely no cats are permitted in CMV rental cabins. For the purpose of this agreement, the term “pet” is always used in reference to a dog. In the interest of protection your dog, a leash should always be used when your dog is outside. While North Carolina does not have a state leash law, please note that cities and counties may have stricter regulations. No dog shall be tied outside the Cabin unless supervised by a responsible adult
4. As a general rule, dogs should not be left unattended in cabins. In an unfamiliar environment dogs may act uncharacteristically and unpredictably. They may get nervous and bark, causing a disturbance to neighbors. Or they may harm the cabin by chewing, scratching or making messes that they would not typically make at home. Please remember to be respectful of nearby neighbors. Always use a crate in the rare event that a dog must be left alone.
5. Legal Disclaimer: Any damages to the cabin or cabin property or another person because of a pet will be the sole responsibility of the registered Guest. Guests are held financially responsible for all physical damages to the Cabin (i.e. chewing, scratching, flea infestation, etc.) inflicted on the Cabin by the presence of a pet. If extra cleaning is deemed reasonable due to the presence of a pet (i.e. soiled furniture and/or flooring, hair on furnishings or bedding, fleas), the Guest will be held financially responsible and the credit card on file will be charged for the amount of the repair/recovery. CMV is not responsible for harm caused to any pet.
Please review the Road Scale info for this cabin before booking.
Guest acknowledges that access to rented property will require driving on gravel and paved mountain roads that may in places be steep and has been given recommendation on the minimum type of vehicle needed to safely drive the road to property. CMV will not give refund or be held liable if guest does not adhere to recommended vehicle type and is not able to or refuses to drive up road to cabin. Nor can CMV be held responsible for temporary weather conditions that alter road conditions. Please adhere to any recommendation or requirement for a four-wheel-drive vehicle when listed in a property description. It is highly recommended that Guests try to arrive during daylight hours for their first visit to our area to become familiar with the area and roads. Our cleaning and maintenance staff drive these roads in their personal vehicles almost daily and report any major road issues; such as washouts, fallen trees or rocks. CMV will upon notification from staff or guest, contact appropriate local authorities to have road cleared or repaired.
For full explanation of Road Scale and NC Mountain driving tips.